You can create Products in m3ter to represent the products and services you offer to your end customers. To enable usage-based pricing for a Product, you can then:
Create Meters and Aggregations to collect usage data and define usage metrics.
Set up Product Plans and apply Pricing to Plans using the usage data metrics you've defined.
To create a Product:
1. In the Console, check to see that your Organization is selected at the bottom of the main navigation panel. If not, select it.
2. Select Products. The Products page opens and lists any existing Products in your Organization.
3. Select Create Product. The Create page opens:
4. On the Create page enter the details of your new Product:
Name. Enter a descriptive name.
Code. Unique identifier for the Product. You will need the Code as a unique id when submitting API calls, such as a call to retrieve a Product.
Tip: Required Attributes? Both attributes are required and are marked with a red asterisk.
5. Select Create. You are returned to the Products page, where your new Product is listed.
6. If you want to edit a Product's details, select the Edit button for the Product, make your changes, and click Update.
7. If you want to remove a Product, select the Delete button for the Product. A confirmation popup opens. Select Yes to confirm the delete action.
You can define Custom Fields when creating a Product or edit the Product at a later date to do this. Any Custom Fields you create for an individual Product override those you've created for Products at the Organizational level. We strongly recommend reviewing Working with Custom Fields before you create Custom Fields.