From Bill Management, you can open Bills and add credits for Bill line items using the Credit Reasons you've created for your Organization:
Add a credit for a line item on an existing bill.
Add a credit line item manually.
For details on how to add Credit Reasons to your Organization, see Creating Credit Reasons.
To add credit line items to Bills - for existing line item or manually:
1. Select Billing>Bill Management. The Bill Management page opens and the Bills that have been generated for your Accounts are listed. The Bills listed are those for the default settings of monthly frequency and current month period end.
2. If the Bills you want to work with are for a different frequency and period, use the Invoice Date calendar pop-ups accordingly. See Running Bills and Viewing Bill Details.
3. To select a specific Bill you want to add a credit line item for, select the REFERENCE hotlink text. The Details page for the Bill opens. This page provides a full breakdown of the charges made to the Account for the billing period up to the Last Calculated Date. Note that you can expand line items to see further details.
4. Select Add Credit. The Create page opens and the Credit a line item from a bill option is selected by default.
5. If you want to add a credit for a specific line item leave this default option selected and use the Bill drop-down to select the bill date.
6. Use the Line item drop-down to select the line item from the Bill for which you want to apply a credit. Note the Amount field is automatically populated for the selected line item amount.
7. Select a Reason for the credit line item.
8. Enter a Description.
9. Adjust the Amount as required.
10. Select Create. You are returned to the Bill Details page, where the credit line item is shown and the bill is re-calculated to factor in the credit line item amount:
In this example, a credit line item has been added to a Bill in the full amount for one of the line items - GB stored charges. You can expand the credit line item to view details.
11. If you want to add a credit line item manually to a Bill, when you first use Add credit to open the Create page, select Apply manual credit. The Create page adjusts for creating a manual credit line item to the Bill.
12. Select a Product reference for the manual credit line item. This is required for accounting purposes and associates the credit line item with a specific Product.
13. Enter a Reason, Description, and Amount for the manual credit line item.
14. Select Create. You are returned to the Bill Details page, where the manual credit line item is shown and the bill is re-calculated to factor in the credit line item amount:
In this example, a General rebate manual credit line item has been added to a Bill in the amount of $10.
15. Lastly, you can add a manual credit line item to a bill for credit against another Product by the Account:
In this example, a New Product Sign-up Bonus manual credit line item has been added to the Bill in the amount of $5. Note that this new line item is clearly listed on the recalculated Bill as a credit against the Account for a different Product.