You can open the Bill Management page and view the monthly Bills for your Accounts for the current month. From there, you can open a Bill for an Account to review the Bill details:
You can reset the billing frequency and period and re-run billing for your Accounts
Select a specific Accounts to view its Bills.
Run Bills manually for a specific Bill date for your Accounts. You can run Bills either for all billing frequency or a specific frequency, such as for weekly or monthly frequency.
This topic explains how to work in the Bill Management page to view Bill details and run Bills.
Tip: Viewing and Running Bills for Specific Accounts? It's sometimes easier to go into an Account and view and runs Bills directly from the Bills tab - see Reviewing and Recalculating Bills for an Account.
To view Bill details:
1. Select Billing>Bill Management. The Bill Management page opens and lists the Bills for your Accounts for the default settings of the current month for Invoice Date. Details of the current Bills for each Account for this period are given, such as:
LAST CALC DATE
Tip: No Bills Listed? If none of the Accounts in your Organization have Bills for the default current month, then a warning will show to tell you this. You can change the default settings and the page will automatically refresh.
2. To view the details of a Bill for an Account, select the REFERENCE text. The Bill Management>Details page for the Bill opens. This page provides a full breakdown of the charges made to the Account for the billing period up to the LAST CALC DATE.
3. If you want to view the Bills for a different billing period, use the Invoice Date calendar icons to adjust the period accordingly. The Bill Management page adjusts to show Bills for the selected period.
4. If you want to view the Bills for a specific Account, you can select the ACCOUNT NAME text in the listing. You are taken to the Account Overview page where you can review the Bills for the Account.
Here are some notes and tips to bear in mind when viewing Bills:
Line Item Types. You can review a list of the different line item types you might see on your Bills with explanations as to what these types mean in the Bill Line Item Types topic in this section.
Line Item Descriptions. There are several places where you have the option to define the description texts you want to appear for Bill line items. If you don't define these description texts for line items, then default descriptions are used. For details on how these default descriptions are compiled, see the Bill Line Items - Default Descriptions topic in this section.
Zero Usage Line Items. If you are viewing a Bill with many zero usage line items, you can use the Hide zero quantity line items switch to reduce clutter on the Bill.
Currency Conversions. If your pricing currency is different to the billing currency, Currency Conversions will be shown at the bottom of a Bill. See Creating and Managing Currencies.
Billing Amounts Decimal Places. The number of decimal places shown for the billing currency amounts depends upon the configured decimal places for the currency in your Organization - see Creating and Managing Currencies.
At any time, you might want to run bills manually for a specific Bill date. You can use the Run billing modal to do this.
To view Bill details:
1. Select Billing>Bill Management. The Bill Management page opens.
2. Select Run billing. The Run billing modal appears. A default of All is selected for Bill frequency. But if you want to run billing manually for only those Accounts that are on a specific billing frequency, use the drop-down list to select the frequency:
Ad Hoc Use this setting when a custom billing schedule is used for billing an Account, such as for billing of Prepayment/Commitment fees using a custom billing schedule.
You can set up the manual billing run to suit your current needs - you might want to run Bills for your Accounts covering All billing frequencies. But you might have a specific purpose in performing a manual billing run. For example, suppose some historical usage data has come in for an Account on a monthly billing frequency and you want to run billing for the relevant billing date - the first of the month following - and check that the Bill updates correctly. The following steps show how to use the Run billing modal for this sort of case.
2. First, update the Billing Period End date for the end of the month date for the monthly Account Bill you want to check. The page will refresh to show the current Bills for Accounts billed on the relevant bill date and you can identify the Account Bill you want to check for new charges due to new usage data:
3. Select Run billing to launch the modal and set the Invoice Date you want. For this example, set November 1st 2022 and select Monthly for Bill Frequency:
In this example, we want to check for new historical usage data submitted for the Account in October 2022.
Tip: Billing frequency not showing on modal? If you've enabled Consolidate billing in your Organization configuration, the Billing frequency option is not available when you run billing manually. See the Viewing Details and Editing Configuration section in the Managing your Organization topic.
3. On the modal, select Run billing. The modal closes and the billing run starts. Note that you can track the billing run progress by clicking the Tasks icon at top-right to open the Running Tasks panel:
When the billing run for the selected date and frequency completes, the Bill listing updates for the newly added historical usage data on the example monthly-billed Account:
We can see that for the example Account the Bill total has increased by $2.95 as expected for the charges due for historical usage data submitted in October 2022.
Tip: Billing currency used when running Bills manually? If you've defined a Currency for an Account and chosen to override the Organization currency for the Account, then the billing currency used when you run Bills manually for the Account will be the Account currency. If you haven't defined an Account currency or haven't selected to override the Organization currency, then the Organization currency is used for billing the Account. For more details see Creating and Managing Currencies.
Next: Managing Bills