You can define and manage native integrations for sending your end customer Account Bills generated in m3ter outbound into your Netsuite system.
To create and configure a native integration, you can follow a three-stage process:
Stage 1. Select the Entity Type that the integration is for. Currently, only native integrations for Bills are supported.
Stage 2. Select the external system that is the destination for the integration.
Stage 3. Configure the details required for the selected integration destination and create the integration.
To define a m3ter - Netsuite integration:
1. Select Integration>Configurations. The Integration Configurations page opens and lists any existing configurations.
2. Select Create integration. The Create page opens at Stage 1: Select entity type.
3. Use the Entity Type drop-down to select the entity type you want to configure and create the integration for. Currently, only Bill is available for selection.
4. Select Continue. The page adjusts to show Stage 1 as checked and completed and shifts focus to Stage 2: Select external system as destination.
5. In the Destination drop-down list, select Netsuite.
6. Select Continue. The page adjusts to show Stage 2 as checked and completed and shifts focus to Stage 3: Configure and create. The Entity Type and Integration Destination you've selected are shown.
7. Use the Auth Config panel to enter the settings for authorization with your Netsuite system for the integration:
External Customer Id. Enter the Netsuite Account Id.
Client Id. Enter the client Id credential.
Key Id. Enter the key Id credential.
Note: Client Id and KeyId are Netsuite OAuth user's client credentials.
8. Select Update to save these credentials. Note that if you don't save them at this point in the workflow, they'll be saved along with other settings when you create the integration configuration
9. Select the Accounts you want the integration to apply to:
Account Ids. Select the Accounts you want to include - all selected Accounts are treated as allowed for the integration.
Restricted Account Ids. Select the Accounts you want to exclude - all selected Accounts are treated as not allowed for the integration.
Note: If you want to include all Accounts in the integration, leave both Accounts Ids and Restricted Account Ids empty.
10. Use the Entity Config panel to configure the m3ter entity you will be synchronizing with for the integration. In the case of an outbound Bill integration, this entity will be the Bill generated for a customer Account in m3ter:
Only Send Bill On Approval. Enable this if you only want Bills to be sent when they have been approved. Default is disabled. Note that:
The frequency of Bills sent will depend on the billing frequency defined for the Account Plan attached to the Account - such as daily/weekly/monthly/annually.
If an Account has a Prepayment on it and the billing for Prepayment fees is configured to run on a customized schedule, Bills will be sent when scheduled Bills are generated.
If a Bill is manually recalculated the updated Bill will be sent.
If you enable this, then the integration will not run for all Bill Jobs.
Use External Mapping Account Code. Enable this if you want the integration to look in the External Mappings for the Account identifier, which means you can use an external Id. If this is disabled, the m3ter Account Id is used. Default is disabled.
Excluded Line Item Types. Filter the Bill line items you send to the destination system. For example, only send charges or credits and exclude all other line items.
For details of line item types, see Bill Line Item Types.
11. Use the Destination Config panel to enter the settings specific to the destination system. These settings include field mappings as well as other system-specific configurations. Note that these settings will change for each destination:
Split Usage Line Items. Select how you want to split line items in the outgoing Bill. Two options:
Item per usage band. Create a line item on your Netsuite invoice for each pricing band.
Item per product. Create one Netsuite Item per m3ter Bill Item.
Netsuite Send Due Date. Whether the calculated due date is sent from m3ter to Netsuite. If this option is disabled, Netsuite will default the due date based on the customer configuration.
Netsuite Commitment Item Id. Enter the Id of the Commitment item in Netsuite. This field is only required if you are representing Commitments with a specific Netsuite Item.
Netsuite Minimum Spend Id. Enter the Id of the Minimum Spend in Netsuite. This field is only required if you are representing Minimum Spends with a specific Netsuite Item.
Netsuite Default Item Id. Enter the Id of the Default item in Netsuite. This is a default value used for Netsuite Items when they are created.
Netsuite Item Mapping. Enter the details for mapping each Bill line item type to their corresponding items in Netsuite. Optionally map each line item type in m3ter with a specific Item in Netsuite. These values will be used if there is no external mapping for a Netsuite Item. For any of these fields which are not populated, the value in Netsuite Default Item Id will be used as the default for that line item type.
For details of line item types, see Bill Line Item Types.
Netsuite Item Custom Field Mapping. Optionally choose a specific mapping to Netsuite Custom fields for the m3ter fields in this section. Currently, there are only two fields for a line item available to map to Custom fields:
12. Select Create. The Integration Configuration is saved and linked to your provided authentication method. You new Netsuite integration is immediately available for use.
Tip: Integrations API Calls? When you have set up your Netsuite integration, you can review and manage the integration using a full set of API Calls. See the Integrations section of our API Reference Docs.